From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux base policy rev 9 in hardened-dev
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:06:30
1 Hi guys,
2
3 In the hardened-dev overlay you can now find the SELinux policy revision 9
4 (and its affiliated modules). The included changes are:
5
6 - <bug #330767> Include virtualization files & update policy to allow
7 libvirtd to work in Gentoo
8 - <bug #394315> Allow direct command execution from sudo (requires the
9 latest sudo with SELinux support though)
10 - <no bug> Update skype policy (allow writing to xdg_config_home_t &
11 reading network state)
12 - <no bug> Drop compatibility for older baselayout (openrc fully stable)
13 - <no bug> Have dontaudit for Xserver reading /proc/* (PIDs)
14
15 All in all a small set of changes. There are a few bugs still open that I'm
16 having difficulties with getting the right information or getting it
17 reproduced. Especially those that are mostly based on running in permissive
18 mode, since it is very hard then to find out what would be happening if the
19 system was running in enforcing.
20
21 On a side-note, I've moved the SELinux module documentation to the Gentoo
22 Wiki @ http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/SELinux and I've also copied quite a few
23 entries from our FAQ into the Knowledge Base
24 (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Main_Page)
25
26 Wkr,
27 Sven Vermeulen