From: Mike Bailey <mike.bailey@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] LiveCD install oddity
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:34:42
1 Hello all,
2
3 I'm fairly new to Gentoo and AM new to Selinux and am having a potential
4 problem using the livecd install.
5
6 Everything is fine up until what I presume to be the end of the bootstrap
7 script. I've not actually watched it stop but after what seems to be an hour
8 of compiling my video craps out entirely. I can't get to other sessions nor
9 do anything other than a hard boot of the device.
10
11 My first attempt was inside a VMWare session so I thought that might be a
12 problem but then the same thing happened on a generic pc.
13
14 I don't know where to check to see if there are any clues as to what is
15 going on. I simply rebooted, reset things to where they should be post
16 bootstap and did the emerge system. That seems to be chugging along just
17 fine..
18
19 I used the SELinux livecd from 0125 and stage 1 from 0211..
20
21 Anyone have ideas on what is happening to the video and or if it's going to
22 be a problem later?
23
24 --Mike
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list