From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Xen compilation on a hardened system
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:18:03
1 On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:48:59 +0200
2 kang <kang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Rumen Yotov wrote:
5 >
6 > >Hi,
7 > >In preparation for my new (third) partition, which will use Xen
8 > >virtual machine tried compiling it (just Xen-3 not Xen-sources) on a
9 > >RSBAC system.
10 > >It failed initially, but went w/o errors when i used "nopienossp"
11 > >GCC-3.3.6 profile (haven't tried with GCC-3.4.4-r1) but will later.
12 > >This is for your info only, don't think of filing a Bug.
13 > >Thanks. Rumen
16 > Do you mean that you are using a rsbac kernel to compile xen on or
17 > that you use a rsbac patched kernel with xen patch and that you try to
18 > compile it ?
19 Hi,
20 Yes, compiled Xen on RSBAC system with a hardened compiler etc.
21 Think the important part here is the use of hardened compiler/linker.
22 Still haven't tied to compile a Xen-patched kernel on RSBAC, though my
23 initial intention was to use Xen on a separate partition, but if
24 successful could use both kernels (RSBAC & Xen) on a single partition.
25 Of course only Xen-0-kernel (superviser kernel), which can later start
26 other/userland kernels - Xen-U kernel.
27 Thanks.Rumen