From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: "Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)" <prometheanfire@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] gcc-4.4.6 - says "arch is not supported" "hope you know what you are doing"?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:40:19
1 On 13/12/2011 00:29, Matthew Thode (prometheanfire) wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 00:08:51 +0000
3 > Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> So I am building in a chroot an x86 system:
6 >>
7 >> CFLAGS="-march=k6-2 -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
8 >> CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
9 >> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,relro"
10 >> CHOST="i486-gentoo-linux-uclibc"
11 >>
12 >> And emerge gcc-4.4.6-1 warns:
13 >>
14 >> * Your x86 arch is not supported.
15 >> * Hope you know what you are doing. Hardened will not work.
16 >>
17 >> What might I be missing...? Seems like it was working ok some weeks
18 >> back...?
19 >>
20 >> Thanks
21 >>
22 >> Ed W
23 >>
24 > Is this within kvm? If so, what is the output of 'cat /proc/cpuinfo'?
25
26 No. Although perhaps more background is useful:
27
28 uclibc-0.9.33(git)
29 host is an amd64 gentoo system
30 chroot is an i486/32bit gentoo system, used as a compile base for my
31 embedded Alix board
32
33 At the end of the install I see:
34 * Messages for package sys-devel/gcc-4.4.6-r1:
35
36 * Your x86 arch is not supported.
37 * Hope you know what you are doing. Hardened will not work.
38 * SSP has not been enabled by default
39 * Your x86 arch is not supported.
40 * Hope you know what you are doing. Hardened will not work.
41 * Skipping libstdc++ manpage generation since you don't have doxygen
42 installed
43 * Your x86 arch is not supported.
44 * Hope you know what you are doing. Hardened will not work.
45 * If you have issues with packages unable to locate libstdc++.la,
46 * then try running 'fix_libtool_files.sh' on the old gcc versions.
49 I am thinking it's the uclibc which is the issue? What else might I
50 worry about though...?
54 Host looks like this:
55
56 # cat /proc/cpuinfo
57 processor : 0
58 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
59 cpu family : 6
60 model : 15
61 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
62 stepping : 11
63 cpu MHz : 2400.000
64 cache size : 4096 KB
65 physical id : 0
66 siblings : 4
67 core id : 0
68 cpu cores : 4
69 apicid :
70 0
71 [0/4702]
72 initial apicid : 0
73 fpu : yes
74 fpu_exception : yes
75 cpuid level : 10
76 wp : yes
77 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
78 cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall
79 nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64
80 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm dts tpr_shadow
81 vnmi flexpriority
82 bogomips : 4799.93
83 clflush size : 64
84 cache_alignment : 64
85 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
86 power management:
87
88 processor : 1
89 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
90 cpu family : 6
91 model : 15
92 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
93 stepping : 11
94 cpu MHz : 2400.000
95 cache size : 4096 KB
96 physical id : 0
97 siblings : 4
98 core id : 3
99 cpu cores : 4
100 apicid : 3
101 initial apicid : 3
102 fpu : yes
103 fpu_exception : yes
104 cpuid level : 10
105 wp : yes
106 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
107 cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall
108 nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64
109 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm dts tpr_shadow
110 vnmi flexpriority
111 bogomips : 4800.20
112 clflush size : 64
113 cache_alignment : 64
114 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
115 power management:
116
117 processor : 2
118 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
119 cpu family : 6
120 model : 15
121 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
122 stepping : 11
123 cpu MHz : 2400.000
124 cache size : 4096 KB
125 physical id : 0
126 siblings : 4
127 core id : 1
128 cpu cores : 4
129 apicid : 1
130 initial apicid : 1
131 fpu : yes
132 fpu_exception : yes
133 cpuid level : 10
134 wp : yes
135 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
136 cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall
137 nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64
138 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm dts tpr_shadow
139 vnmi flexpriority
140 bogomips : 4800.16
141 clflush size : 64
142 cache_alignment : 64
143 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
144 power management:
145
146 processor : 3
147 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
148 cpu family : 6
149 model : 15
150 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
151 stepping : 11
152 cpu MHz : 2400.000
153 cache size : 4096 KB
154 physical id : 0
155 siblings : 4
156 core id : 2
157 cpu cores : 4
158 apicid : 2
159 initial apicid : 2
160 fpu : yes
161 fpu_exception : yes
162 cpuid level : 10
163 wp : yes
164 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
165 cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall
166 nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64
167 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm dts tpr_shadow
168 vnmi flexpriority
169 bogomips : 4800.17
170 clflush size : 64
171 cache_alignment : 64
172 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
173 power management: