From: Ewald Wasscher <ewald@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Problem with installation gentoo selinux
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:49:49
1 Hey all,
2
3 I encountered the same problems, I solved them by not loading the
4 SELinux policy from within the chroot, see below.
5
6 >>> Errors:
7 >>>
8 >>> ERROR sys_kernel/hardened-sources-2.6.11-r15 failed
9 >>> function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
10 >>> Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 > DP> I wish I could tell you exactly where the correct CD is, but I've
14 > DP> forgotten. I can just assure you that it is possible to browse the
15 > DP> mirror and find an SELinux LiveCD. One other problem with it... the
16 > DP> included kernel is too old for nptl.
20 <snip>
21
22 > Today I had same problems.
23 > i've used livecd-x86-selinux-20040616-1.iso and stage3-x86-selinux-piessp-20050726.tar.bz2
26 I use the same stage and this livecd:
27
28 "http://my.gentoo.mirror.tld/gentoo/experimental/x86/hardened/livecd/hardened-x86-2005.1.iso"
29
30 IIRC I encounter the "Failed to set SELinux Security Labels." error
31 message when I somehow try to load the selinux policy from within the
32 chroot. I simply don't bother about the policy at this stage and just
33 relabel the fs after first boot. I have FEATURES="loadpolicy" commented
34 out in make.conf to prevent portage from loading the policy from within
35 the chroot. I haven't used nptl, but the livecd I use has a pretty
36 recent kernel (2.6.11?), so I guess that shouldn't be a problem.
37
38 Ewald Wasscher