From: "Andreas Prieß" <ap@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources-3.10.x and long-term plans
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:14:59
Hei!

I see that hardened-sources-3.10.10 and 3.10.11 were removed because of
bug #485120.

I just wanted to note that for me the currently stable 3.10.1-r1 has a
reproducible kernel panic while booting on my AMD FX-8150 (something
with init of timer systems IIRC), but 3.9.9. and 3.10.10/11 boot and run
without a problem, so I never cared to report this.

Since the 3.10 kernel line is the 10th long-term stable release
according to wikipedia I had hoped I could stick with it for a while.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Maintenance

Are there any plans to keep 3.10 around for some time in Gentoo
hardened? If so it would be nice to get 3.10.11 back in the unstable
tree for the people not affected by bug #485120.

In any case, thanks to the people providing gentoo hardened!

Andreas