From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened laptop: am I nuts?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 01:02:31
1 > > I installed a hardened profile on my new laptop and I'm having major
2 > > issues with apps like vmware, skype, wengo, and firefox-bin.
3 >
4 > The problems you say are major are actually pretty trivial.
5
6 If you mean the problem of not being able to use those programs is
7 trivial I must disagree, but if you mean its a trivial problem that
8 keeps me from using those programs, then I hope so.
9
10 > Search our mailing list most of those programs have been covered as
11 > well as the work-a-rounds before. hints: dmesg, paxctl, paxctl -C,
12 > $EDITOR,emerge -C, etc...
13
14 The only one I'm unfamiliar with there is paxctl and I'm not using PAX
15 in the kernel. Does having a hardened profile mean I'm using PAX in
16 another way? I'll do a mailing list search for the program names I
17 listed.
18
19 - Grant
20 --