From: Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux, udev and SpeedTouch 330
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:16:27
1 On 5/20/06, kakou <kakou@×××××.org> wrote:
2 > Maciej Piechotka wrote:
3 > > I've reinstall gentoo system. I'd like to use SELinux (it'll be a home
4 > > router/server and it worth knowledge).
5 > > 1. In handbook is written to not have udev tarbal. However iv I have
6 > > it setted to no I do not have any drive (hdc{,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}) and it
7 > > crach couse of impossible of remounting root.
8 > You can maybe use the developpement mode and boot in permissive mode.
9 > After boot, enter in the enforcing mode with "setenforce 1".
10 > Note that on many systems I have problems with >=udev-87
13 I don't understend. Where should I set it?
14 After crach I can only reboot (or do something before. But not continue).
15 Should I pass it like an append?
16
17 > > 2. ppp ask about a node /dev/ppp. I created it by mknode. It ask to
18 > > compile ppp support (it's compiled in). In dmesg I have logs from avc
19 > > of denied for comm="pppd" name="ppp". How can I make it work?
20 > Can you copy the denied traces (from dmesg or syslog when you try to
21 > start pppd)?
22
23 I'll do it after a moment.
26 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list