From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy for heimdal with LDAP support
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:04:00
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 12:56 +0100, Mivz wrote:
6 >>I would like some comment on the policy, what can I do better.
7 >>Is this a odd or nonstandard daemon configuration, or could it be
8 >>integrated in the portage tree?
9 >>I would be interested in maintaining this policy my self.
13 >If heimdal is supposed to work with LDAP, then its not nonstandard.
14 >Nonstandard means moving file locations or gluing two programs together
15 >that aren't normally associated with each other. As for the rules, they
16 >seem reasonable except for the two rules I listed below, which are odd
17 >since they deal with a user domain. It can't be integrated into portage
18 >as we're working on switching over to reference policy [1], which has a
19 >new organization.
20 >
21 >[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-hardened&m=113433863728029&w=2
25 >>plain text document attachment (heimdal-LDAP.te)
28 >>#/tmp/krb5cc
29 >>allow user_t local_login_tmp_t:file { read lock append };
32 I added this rule because pam_krb5 init's the krbcc and thus causes the
33 /tmp/krbcc to be in the wrong security context. Also kinit and kdestroy
34 loose access to /tmp/krbcc because of this. Is this a pam_krb5 bug,
35 because it creates the /tmp/krbcc file in the wrong context, or a
36 selinux-kerberos bug, because it does not handel the /tmp/krbcc file
37 correct?
38
39 >>#Needed for whoami / id to work. Else: "I have no name!" for ldap users.
40 >>allow user_t nscd_var_run_t:dir search;
43 This rule I have added because users added through ldap otherwise can't
44 find there name.
45 Whitout it the console shows a "I have no name!@host ~ $", like wise
46 whoami and id can't find a user name. So that is probably a bug in
47 nscd.te, which is in the base-policy. Should I also file a bug report on
48 this?
52 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list