From: Krzysztof Nowicki <krissn@××.pl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Using sys-kernel/dracut with SELinux
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 11:15:44
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to migrate a machine to SELinux. I was able to run all the steps related to the kernel, packages and filesystem. The system boots fine in permissive mode but I'm getting a lot of AVC denials related to /run. The obvious suspect would the lack of proper labelling so I checked the fstab and verified that the /run filesystem is present with the correct rootcontext option. To my surprise however the /run filesystem is still mounted without the rootcontext option.
4
5 I've spent some time tracking this down and eventually found out that the issue is related to the Dracut initramfs. The init script mounts /run from there. Obviously the the mount options are hard-coded and rootcontext is not among them.
6
7 So I tried to edit the Dracut's init script (/usr/lib64/dracut/modules.d/99base/init.sh) to append the rootcontext option to the mount /run line, but surprisingly it was completely ignored.
8
9 Did anybody hit a similar problem?
10
11 Regards