From: shimi <shimi@×××××.net>
To: antoine <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] selinux & udev
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:31:04
1 On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 21:25 +0100, antoine wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've got a system which I am migrating to use selinux, so I had to
5 > switch to udev. I followed all the instructions, rebooted, udevd is
6 > running but /dev is mounted as ramfs (which does not support labelling
7 > AFAIK) instead of tmpfs. I tried to find where it is being mounted, but
8 > that isn't very clear (not in fstab, not in /etc/rc). Is it part
9 > of /sbin/init now?
10 > How do I switch to tmpfs for /dev?
11 > (obviously, I rebuilt a kernel with devfs not mounted automatically -
12 > would devfs show up as ramfs anyway?)
13
14 File /etc/conf.d/rc, around line 50:
15
16 # Use this variable to control the /dev management behavior.
17 # auto - let the scripts figure out what's best at boot
18 # devfs - use devfs (requires sys-fs/devfsd)
19 # udev - use udev (requires sys-fs/udev)
20 # static - let the user manage /dev
21
22 RC_DEVICES="static"
25 shimi <shimi@×××××.net>