From: shimi <shimi@×××××.net>
To: antoine <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] selinux & udev
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:31:04
On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 21:25 +0100, antoine wrote:
> Hi, > > I've got a system which I am migrating to use selinux, so I had to > switch to udev. I followed all the instructions, rebooted, udevd is > running but /dev is mounted as ramfs (which does not support labelling > AFAIK) instead of tmpfs. I tried to find where it is being mounted, but > that isn't very clear (not in fstab, not in /etc/rc). Is it part > of /sbin/init now? > How do I switch to tmpfs for /dev? > (obviously, I rebuilt a kernel with devfs not mounted automatically - > would devfs show up as ramfs anyway?)
File /etc/conf.d/rc, around line 50: # Use this variable to control the /dev management behavior. # auto - let the scripts figure out what's best at boot # devfs - use devfs (requires sys-fs/devfsd) # udev - use udev (requires sys-fs/udev) # static - let the user manage /dev RC_DEVICES="static" -- shimi <shimi@×××××.net> -- gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list