From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy for kerberos krb5cc file
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 02:17:31
1 On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 09:58 +0100, Mivz wrote:
2 > Mivz wrote:
3 > > Chris PeBenito wrote:
4 > >>>> plain text document attachment (heimdal-LDAP.te)
5 > >>>
6 > >>> #/tmp/krb5cc
7 > >>> allow user_t local_login_tmp_t:file { read lock append };
8 > >>>
9 > >>
10 > > I added this rule because pam_krb5 init's the krbcc and thus causes
11 > > the /tmp/krbcc to be in the wrong security context. Also kinit and
12 > > kdestroy loose access to /tmp/krbcc because of this. Is this a
13 > > pam_krb5 bug, because it creates the /tmp/krbcc file in the wrong
14 > > context, or a selinux-kerberos bug, because it does not handel the
15 > > /tmp/krbcc file correct?
16 >
17 > I had another thought about this. The krb5cc files are one of the most
18 > important files for a kerberos client. It holds your identity. Loosing
19 > this file is like loosing a part of your shadow file. So I think this
20 > file should be highly protected. The current selinux-kerberos policy
21 > does not do this. I think every user should have a separated selinux
22 > context for his krb5cc file and each program needing access to this
23 > should be specified in the selinux policy.
24 > This would prevent miscellaneous software for reaching this file and
25 > abusing your identity.
26 > It would be something like user:object_r:krb5_cc_t. Al programs
27 > accessing should have a file_type_auto_trans.
28 > I would like to work on this, but I don't know if it has any use,
29 > because of the new upcoming policy.
30
31 You can look at the new policy [1] and compare, it is newer than the
32 policy in portage. In the long run it would be better to develop that
33 policy.
34
35 > Is this policy just different being
36 > modular and having to add dependency's like in the current
37 > policy-server-policy, or are the basic macros and policy also going to
38 > change that much that each policy has to be rewritten form scratch?
39
40 Reference policy is indeed written from scratch, using the old example
41 policy as a reference.
42
43 > I also would like some comment on my idee for the krb5cc file.
44
45 If each user gets a different file, then it would be better if there was
46 a specific type for each role. If there is a single file, then it
47 sounds like you're on the right track. So for a firm answer, we need to
48 understand these questions, and also how the file is managed.
49
50 [1] http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/serefpolicy/refpolicy/policy/modules/services/kerberos.te?rev=1.16&view=auto
53 Chris PeBenito
54 <pebenito@g.o>
55 Developer,
56 Hardened Gentoo Linux
57 Embedded Gentoo Linux
58
59 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
60 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243