From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux and no-multilib
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:46:04
1 On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 07:41:37AM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Hi Sven,
3 >
4 > Did you identify what the wierdness was. I'd like to eventually clean
5 > up the profiles. Rather than
6 [...]
7 > I'd like the selinux to conform to the hardened/linux/amd64, ie change
8 > 10-16 to just
9 >
10 > selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64
11 > selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/no-multilib
12 >
13 > The /desktop /developer /server would not be deprecated, but present
14 > silently as they are for hardened/linux/amd64.
15
16 No.
17
18 Beneith is the current "inheritance" of the profile (using the "parent"
19 file and using the same order as presented in the file).
20
21 selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/hardened
22 `- selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64
23 +- default/linux/amd64
24 | +- base
25 | +- default/linux
26 | '- arch/amd64
27 `- selinux/v2refpolicy
28 `- selinux
29 `- base
30
31 "base" and "selinux" both have use.mask on "multilib". So one would
32 imagine that the current profile does /not/ allow multilib (you are
33 not allowed to set the "multilib" USE flag). There's no profile that
34 has a use.force on multilib.
35
36 Or I could be completely wrong in this small analysis.
37
38 I'm no profile/portage wizard though. Anyone up to the challenge?
39
40 Wkr,
41 Sven Vermeulen