From: Mark Kowarsky <mark_alec@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-au@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Gentoo Down Under: Call for Papers - Gentoo Hardened
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:13:57
1 Gday,
2
3 I am currently in the process of organising the half-day Gentoo
4 mini-conf [1] at the next linux.conf.au [2], Australia's annual
5 technical conference about Free Software. Fun, informal and seriously
6 technical, linux.conf.au draws together Free and Open Source Software
7 developers from across the world. The upcoming conference will be held
8 from January 28th to February 2nd, 2008 at The University of Melbourne.
9
10 Developers of another popular distribution have expressed an interest in
11 attending a talk about Gentoo Hardened [3]. As yet, we do not have
12 anyone who is experienced with Gentoo Hardened and is attending the
13 mini-conf. Thus, I am throwing open a request to the Gentoo Hardened
14 community for someone to come along (self-funded, unfortunately) and
15 share their words of wisdom with us in a 40-50 minute talk on this
16 subject. Such a talk would dovetail in nicely with the rest of this
17 mini-conf's schedule, seeing as it would be of a more technical nature
18 than the sessions already planned.
19
20 Any interested speakers should contact me on mark_alec|AT|gentoo.org
21
22 Cheers, Mark
23
24 [1] http://gentoo.org.au/index.php?title=Lca08