From: Daniel Struck <community@××××××.lu>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] smartcards: apache & openssl - internet explorer / mozilla
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:09:40
1 On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:53:39 +0000 (GMT)
2 "Justin Jessup" <hackerotaku@××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > interesting
5 > question is how many bits?
6 > 40,128
7 > can the card generate over 1024 for key size?
8
9 I think one normally generates 1024-keys.
10
11 One problem I have is that the documentation for the muscle projects is sparse and the little bit I can find of the muscle and opensc mailing-list isn't sufficient for a newbie.
12
13 I can run to some degree pcsc-lite with the ifd-egate driver but don't know how to proceed.
14
15 I have found another interesting projet: Newpki (www.newpki.org)
16 With it you can run a whole public key infrastructure.
17 On Windows you could even with the Newpki-client generate the keys on the smartcard.
18 But it seems Newpki doesn't support egate yet.
19 (The Author reports in the documentation that he could successfully generate keys with the eToken from Aladdin)
20
21 Daniel
24 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list