From: Alexander Tsoy <alexander@××××.me>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mptsas support with hardened
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 15:02:19
1 ÷ Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:12:57 +0100
2 Luke Crooks <pumalodev@×××××.com> ÐÉÛÅÔ:
3
4 > Hi Guys,
5 >
6 > Yesterday I ran a fresh install of hardened on my Dell Server, however
7 > I ran into a small problem.
8 >
9 > One of my controllers needs mptsas support, can I compile/build this
10 > into my kernel fairly easily? (im by no means a kernel guru)
11 >
12 > Or would I be better of running another set of sources that supports
13 > this by default (gentoo-sources doesn't either, so most likely vanilla
14 > or the sources used by sysrescuecd)
15 >
16 > I have all my information in a forum post here:
17 >
18 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-940502.html
21 Hello,
22
23 this is not a hardened-specific question. But the answer is simple: you
24 have to enable "Device Drivers" -> "Fusion MPT device support" ->
25 "Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SAS" in nconfig/menuconfig/etc.
28 With best regards,
29 Alexander Tsoy