From: dexters84 <dexters84@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Intel quad core and hardened
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:44:02
1 7v5w7go9ub0o pisze:
2 > Is anyone running hardened on a quad core? If so, are there any problems?
3 >
4 > I'd guess you're using -march=i686 (and that there is no
5 > -march=prescott, or march=prescott -mtune=generic) on gcc 3.4.6.
6 >
7 > Am planning to upgrade to an Intel q9550 in a month or so.
8 >
9 > TIA
10 I've setup a hardened gentoo on the following settings:
11
12 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
13 CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
14
15 My cpu is quad core xeon + 4 GB ram, it is working without any problems.
16 While it is perfectly doable to create a hardened setup for mentioned
17 CPU i think that for a desktop machine it makes little sense.
18
19 The choice is, as always with gentoo, up to You.
20
21 dexter
22 --
23 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list