From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources-3.2.6 problems
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:32:58
1 I'm using grsecurity and I've experienced problems with
2 hardened-sources-3.2.6 recently. I compiled and installed the kernel the
3 day before.
4 It seems to me the kernel incorrectly detects the UID of processes, which
5 is painful for some daemons. That caused denials because of the RBAC
6 system. Booting hardened-sources-3.2.5 solves the problem.
7 I essentially experienced the problem in conjunction to the mail system. I
8 use Sendmail as an MTA and Dovecot for IMAP. The daemons couldn't perform
9 their tasks, because the kernel thought they try to do everything as root.
10 Even after change to another user (mail or dovecot). It seems the kernel
11 incorrectly recognized the change of the UID.
12 I suspect the problem is related to the security features of the kernel.
13 But I thought it would be good to inform the list about this.
14
15 Regards:
16 Dw.
17 --
18 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
19 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057