From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] gcc-4.3.4 stabilized for a hardened profile?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:18:08
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I've been stuck on gcc-3.4.6 on my hardened profile system (currently:
3 > hardened/linux/amd64/10.0) for a very long time. Now it looks like
4 > gcc-4.3.4 has been stabilized for hardened profiles. Has anyone
5 > tested it? This system is critical for me, so I've got to be careful.
9 Probably not much help in this case, but +1 for just virtualising all
10 new servers as soon as you get the hardware! I use linux-vserver which
11 is super lightweight and makes testing upgrades of everything (except
12 the host) a fairly straightforward job to just duplicate the vserver
13 first (or at least shut it down and near instantly back it up)
14
15 Not tested 4.3 myself so no real answer to your question though...
16
17 Good luck
18
19 Ed W