From: "René Rhéaume" <rene.rheaume@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] iptables versus grSecurity runtime module disabling
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:45:14
1 I added kernel.grsecurity.disable_modules = 1 to my /etc/sysctl.conf .
2 However, iptables and net.eth1 init scripts were unable to start. I
3 already had the module for my NIC (8139too) in
4 /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 . I added iptable_filter and
5 nf_conntrack_ipv4 to it, then rebooted, but the init scripts were
6 still unable to start. What other modules must I load? To send this
7 message, I had to comment the line in /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot
8 again.
9
10 By the way, why the runtime module disabling feature is a sysctl
11 setting, regardless of the sysctl support kernel configuration option?
12 --
13 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list