From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o, etoh@××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] propolice in kernel
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:12:07
1 Peter,
2
3 I don't think anybody has proved that fstack-anything has any value what
4 so ever in the kernel. I would recommend Hiroaki Etoh be consulted about
5 about the technical merits of having a ssp enabled kernel as well as
6 expected performance impact. I'd personally like to see some POC for
7 this. (seeing is believing)
8
9 If it does have merit in a kernel then I think we can come back to
10 the subject of adding some random data to it's __guard if not then I'm
11 going to recommend that it be removed from any Gentoo kernels which may
12 have this patch added.