From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] udev problem
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:11:10
1 Julius Loman wrote:
2
3 > Mivz wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hello,
6 >>
7 >> In the SELinux handbook is noted that I should use use UDEV
8 >> management of /dev and no tar bal in /etc/conf.d/rc:
9 >>
10 >> RC_DEVICES="udev"
11 >> RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no"
12 >>
13 >> But if configure my /dev like this, I loose al my security labels and
14 >> they always return to the standart device_t, which causes my system
15 >> to hang in enforcement mode.
16 >> I played around with them and noted that when I use static management
17 >> and do store /dev to a tarball it does work correct, but then other
18 >> programs start to misbehave, even when not in enforcement mode. For
19 >> exampke konsole hangs on startup. kwifimanager can't find su to edit
20 >> it's settings. If I return to udev management and no tarball,
21 >> everything works fine again, except for the security labels.
22 >> Does anyone no why udev does not work properly with securitylabels?
23 >> Should I file a bug report on this?
24 >
25 > Hello
26 >
27 > It looks like your static dev files (those are on root partition) are
28 > not labeled. Try to remount the dev part of the root partition on /dev
29 > and do the relabeling.
30 >
31 > That worked for me at least.
32 >
33 It was not the labels of the static part. I forgot to remerge udev after
34 upgrading this system to SELinux.
35 Tanx anyway.
36 --
37 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list