From: justin jessup <hackerotaku@××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened laptops]
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:04:36
1 I agree this sounds very cool
2 a HOWTO would be excellent
3
4 justin jessup
5 holy donkeys and burros
6 Gentoo junky
7 ;-)
8
9 www.gezuinc.com
10
11 David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com> wrote:
12
13 I would love to see how that's done - since I have a laptop which I put
14 all my school work (including stuff I don't want people stealing from me
15 - projects and stuff).
16
17 1) what's the speed penalties involved ?
18 I only have a 500Mhz Celeron chip in my laptop so I'm kinda worried it
19 will send GNOME down the drain to encrypt the entire FS.
20
21 2) Would this be applicable to encrypting specific partitions - since
22 I've been looking at encrypting my /home on my desktop as well - most
23 because I can though.
24
25 - David
26