From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened profile update
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:48:55
Gordon Malm wrote:
> It is my estimation that flag was disabled by mistake on the > hardened/linux/${arch} profiles. I have re-enabled it. Should be fixed on > your next sync. > >
Quick question and slightly OT How do others setup their own "profile"? I'm thinking that I try to sync a base /etc/make.conf across quite a few machines and whilst each machine slightly customises this, it would be really nice to have a master set of USE defaults and package.use / package.keywords options I presume one needs to simply setup the profile somewhere outside of the /portage directory and then reference it? Any thing else needed other than a "parent" file pointing back at the real base profile? Any other tips from others who do something like this? Cheers Ed W