From: Brian Kroth <bpkroth@×××××.com>
To: Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] foldingathome and PAX
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:44:49
1 Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net> 2009-04-20 21:03:
2 > I realised earlier today that foldingathome (installed with the help of
3 > portage) had not started a new WU since 5 of april, and when I started
4 > to investigate I found out that the "cores" had problem running.
5 >
6 > cd /opt/foldingathome &&
7 > paxctl -c FahCore_*.exe &&
8 > paxctl -PEMrXS FahCore_*.exe
9 >
10 > makes it work again.
11 > foldingathome has worked in the past without problems, and I do not
12 > really know what have changed more then some kernel-upgrades (but
13 > booting the last kept 2.6.27-hardened did not help either) and keeping
14 > the userland up to stable x86.
15 > What can I do to not have to do this dance?
16
17 It seems that you're already on your way to a better fix, but I've run
18 this from cron in the past to get around this problem:
19
20 # fixup fah files
21 */10 * * * * root chpax -r /opt/foldingathome/client*/Fah*.exe > /dev/null 2>&1
22
23 Brian