From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Firefox won't compile on hardened profile
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:02:57
1 >>>> Firefox won't compile on my system due to the issue described
2 >>>> here:
3 >>>>
4 >>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/hardened/245060
5 >>>
6 >>> FWIW: I had no trouble compiling Firefox 9.0 on my amd64 system
7 >>> using the current stable 3.2.2-r1 kernel, gcc 4.5.3, grsec/pax
8 >>> enabled.
9 >>
10 >> To confirm, you aren't on a hardened profile?
11 >
12 > I am on a hardened profile, currently using
13 > hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib/selinux profile, only running stable
14 > software.
15
16 I don't get it then. Does anyone know why I can't compile Firefox as
17 described in the link above? This sums it up:
18
19 "firefox-9.0 ebuild stalls at the install phase while xpcshell command
20 tops CPU usage for hours."
21
22 Although xpcshell doesn't use any CPU for me. It just sits there and
23 the install phase doesn't proceed.
24
25 - Grant