From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] grsec & logged users
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:15:37
1 At 2004-11-17T10:22:40-0500, Casper the Friendly Ghost
2 <casper@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Couldn't it be possible for grsec to have another option (restrict
4 > /var/run/utmp and /var/log/wtmp) ? Users don't need neither read nor
5 > write access (the logging done in the files is done at login).
6
7 There's an easier way to restrict read access to a file than patching
8 the kernel.
9
10 chmod o-r /var/*/?tmp
13 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
14 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
15 --Ghost in the Shell