From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] openrc-0.9.8.2 screwed up bonding config
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 01:16:40
1 I'm sorry for being offtopic, but this is the list I can rely on.
2 I've just upgraded openrc from 0.9.4 to 0.9.8.2 and my server went offline.
3 After struggling with the remote console, it turned out, that the new
4 openrc system incorrectly builds up my bonding config. It assigns the IP
5 address to the eth1 interface and bonding stands there without an IP. In
6 addition it also fails to define routes properly.
7
8 WHAT? I don't know how many of us will spend significant amount of time
9 with it, but that's too much for me.
10
11 I see, that conf.d/network took over conf.d/net. My bonding config is
12 simple as my finger.
13
14 Here is my regular net syntax:
15 config_eth0=( "null" )
16 config_eth1=( "null" )
17 RC_NEED_eth0="net.bond0"
18 config_bond0="<myip> netmask 255.255.255.192 brd <mybroadcast>"
19 routes_bond0="default gw <mygateway>"
20 dns_domain="mydomain"
21
22 It works fine, it prevents eth interfaces getting IP and sets bond0 and
23 route perfectly.
24
25 That would be the network syntax:
26 defaultroute="gw <mygateway>"
27 ip_bond0="<myiip>/26"
28 defaultiproute="via <mygateway>"
29 ifup_bond0="ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1"
30
31 It sucks.
32 Is there a working simple bonding example?
33
34 Please let me know where I can ask for proper help. Gentoo install still
35 talks about net. Is there a document on how to set up bonding with the new
36 network config syntax?
37
38 Ridiculous:
39 Dwokfur
40 --
41 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
42 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057