From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Glibc detected invalid pointer
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 08:32:29
1 On 16 Oct 2009 at 15:50, Jeff Rooney wrote:
2
3 > Whenever I run tripwire in a check mode I get the following output:
4 >
5 > *** glibc detected *** tripwire: free(): invalid pointer: 0x00007fffffffd5d8 ***
6
7 that looks like a stack pointer, i.e., tripwire somewhere stored a local variable
8 address (of a std::basic_string apparently) and tried to free it later (via the
9 delete operator). you should try to find out where 0x7f64ec111a03 resolves in the
10 tripwire binary and debug it from there (it will be easier on a non-PIE binary).