From: julien.thomas@××××××××××××××××.eu
To: julien.thomas@××××××××××××××××.eu
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] ptrace and gdb
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:39:48
1 Good afternoon.
2
3 I would like to be able to trace the slapd daemon (slapd_t type) with
4 gdb, and more
5 precisely to interact with it.
6
7 However, when i perform the attach command of gdb, I get a
8 ptrace: Permission denied. with no avc log ...
9
10 I added the following authorization but it seems to be not enough.
11 the process gdb and slapd have to the following types :
12
13 system_u:system_r:slapd_t 5930 ? Ssl 0:00
14 /usr/lib/openldap/slapd
15 root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t 5818 pts/0 S+ 0:00 gdb
16
17 ---- additional SELinux module
18 module gbd_attach 1.0 ;
19
20 require{
21 type slapd_t;
22 type sysadm_t;
23 class file {execute getattr read} ;
24 class process {signal ptrace transition noatsecure rlimitinh
25 siginh getsched
26 setsched getsession getpgid setpgid getcap setcap};
27 }
28
29 allow slapd_t sysadm_t:process {signal ptrace};
30 allow sysadm_t slapd_t:process {noatsecure rlimitinh siginh transition
31 getsched setsched getsession getpgid setpgid getcap setcap
32 };
33
34 Thanks.
35
36 Best regards,
37 Julien Thomas
41 My RSA public key for email authentication is available at
42 http://perso.telecom-bretagne.eu/julienthomas/technical_informations/
43 and on the PGP server http://subkeys.pgp.net (id 0x43E623F5)
44
45 My (google) calendars (for meeting arrangement)
46 Thesis :
47 http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=d3te2j26l4g7qah12a9q4vpiu4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Paris Personnal (only disponibility)
48 :
49 http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=julien.thomas.1%40gmail.com&ctz=Europe/Paris