From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] XATTR_PAX migration
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 13:31:12
1 I've followed the migration guide,
2
3 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened/PaX_flag_migration_from_PT_PAX_to_XATTR_PAX
4
5 on a few machines now without problem. But, I have a couple of routers
6 that should experience a minimum of downtime. The guide has you reboot
7 twice: once to enable XATTR_PAX in the kernel, and again to remove
8 PT_PAX after running migrate-pax. I was wondering: is it safe to do both
9 at once, assuming I can live without PaX for five minutes?
10
11 That is, can I disable PT_PAX, enable XATTR_PAX, reboot, and run
12 migrate-pax? Or might that cause problems?
13
14 (Note: I can't run the elfix test suite anyway, since I have EMUTRAMP
15 disabled.)