From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] XATTR_PAX migration
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 13:31:12
I've followed the migration guide,

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened/PaX_flag_migration_from_PT_PAX_to_XATTR_PAX

on a few machines now without problem. But, I have a couple of routers
that should experience a minimum of downtime. The guide has you reboot
twice: once to enable XATTR_PAX in the kernel, and again to remove
PT_PAX after running migrate-pax. I was wondering: is it safe to do both
at once, assuming I can live without PaX for five minutes?

That is, can I disable PT_PAX, enable XATTR_PAX, reboot, and run
migrate-pax? Or might that cause problems?

(Note: I can't run the elfix test suite anyway, since I have EMUTRAMP
disabled.)