From: Neil Katin <neil@×××××××.com>
To: davisjp@×××.edu
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated hardened (etdyn-ssp) stages
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:14:16
1 I tried the 20031107 stage 2 etdyn-ssp bundle yesterday
2 without success.
3
4 Right after hardened-gcc was upgraded by "emerge -u system"
5 gcc stopped working. All program loads failed with the
6 error:
7
8 /usr/bin/ld: cannot open ssp_guard.o: No such file or directory
9
10 (ssp_guard.o was in the original stage 2 tbz2 file; it was removed
11 in the upgrade from 2.4.2 to 2.4.5).
12
13 I'm unsure exactly what's the problem here; whether it is a pure
14 upgrade from hardened-gcc-2.4.2 to 2.4.5, or whether it is
15 a hand-layout problem in the original tarball.
16
17 Forgive me, but I thought I would start by telling you...
18
19 Neil
22 John Davis wrote:
23