From: Erik Mackdanz <erikmack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux conversion questions
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 02:32:37
1 Thank you. I confirmed that portage had been running under python 2.7.
2
3 I found the problem, though... I'd set POLICY_TYPES="targeted" in
4 make.conf, and therefore portage installed policies into
5 /etc/selinux/targeted only. However, running /usr/sbin/selinuxconfig and
6 catting /etc/selinux/config both made clear that 'strict' was a requirement.
7
8 I've worked through it by setting POLICY_TYPES="strict targeted", then
9 rebuilding selinux-base and selinux-base-policy. I feel like this is
10 another documentation bug - the user should be told either that 'strict' is
11 initially required in make.conf, or that /etc/selinux/config must be edited
12 before the selinux-base-policy install.
13
14 Anyway, thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back...
15
16 Erik