From: atoth@××××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Lisp vs hardened
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 20:20:42
1 I was about to install maxima on two boxes - both of them are
2 Hardened/Grsec with the pie-ssp toolchain and PaX.
3 Since maxima needs a Common Lisp implementation, I would have to install
4 one of them. I didn't succeded: clisp and cmucl fails with various errors.
5 It seems to me, that both of these are related to the hardened features of
6 the machines. The third available option is sbcl, which explicitly
7 instructs hardened users to switch to vanilla profile in order to achieve
8 a succesful installation.
9
10 Are there any possibilities for hardened users for a common lisp
11 implementation without lowering the security measures of their systems?
12
13 Regards,
14 Dw.
17 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus Szakorvos jelölt, 06-20-825-8057, 06-30-5962-962
18 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist in Training, +36-20-825-8057, +36-30-5962-962
23 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list