From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Patching hardened-sources
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:00:34
1 Shinkan wrote:
2 > Looking at some mailing archives, I ended with thinking that's not a
3 > good idea, and that applying vserver+grsec official patch to a vanilla
4 > kernel would be less painful.
5 >
6 > Is there any recent story about this combination ?
7 > I clearly understand that hardened team won't put vserver patch in
8 > hardened-sources.
11 The patch you need is linked from the front page of the vserver website
12 and it's quite non-trivial to do this merge - many thanks to all the
13 people who have helped make it possible!
14
15 Just merge it onto the same vanilla kernel as the patch is for (expect
16 at least a bit of pain if you deviate from the required vanilla
17 kernel...). Watch the vserver list for news because several recent
18 versions of the patch have proved unstable due to problems merging in
19 the pax stuff - pax developers have been very helpful I believe though
20 and last I heard a few weeks ago patch was solid
21
22 Good luck
23
24 Ed W