From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] miro segfaults when PAX is not in softmode
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:21:43
>> > in that case you have to use paxctl on the python interpreter, not >> > the script. but before that it's better to find out why it crashes, >> > so you should produce a coredump and analyze it. >> >> Thank you, I ran 'paxctl -m /usr/bin/python' and now miro starts >> without softmode enabled.  I use the miro ebuild from this bug: >> >> > > it wants too much gnome stuff for my taste, so it's up to you or someone > else to figure out why MPROTECT needs to be removed on python as it's less > than ideal. it could be something as simple as a badly marked library it > loads for example, but without actual debugging we'll never know...
I'd love to get this fixed. The dependencies don't look so bad to me. Aren't gnome-python and gst-python the only gnome depedencies: pygtk python pysqlite gnome-python gtkmozembed-python xorg-server dbus-python xulrunner pyrex imagemagick xine-lib rb_libtorrent gst-python Here's a link to the ebuild: - Grant