From: Markus Dittrich <markus@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] openoffice compile & hardened sources
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:44:45
1 Hi,
2
3 FYI: For the first time ever, a compile bombed out today
4 due to hardened-sources-2.6.4-r3: openoffice-ximian.
5 Seems like during the install openoffice generates
6 code that is used during the compile itself and fails to run
7 due to the inability to load some shared libraries.
8 This could probably be fixed by inserting some chpax calls
9 inside the actual makefile (which doesn't sound like
10 too much fun). I compiled it fine with a backup
11 kernel and booted back into hardened-sources.
12 Sorry that I don't provide the actual error messages
13 but the build failed pretty far into the compile
14 (i.e. a few hours) and I didn't save the output the
15 first time.
16
17 cheers,
18 MARKUS