From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Help with su (RESOLVED)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:48:51
1 On 11/27/2011 10:38 AM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Stan,
4 >
5 > This isn't really the way it is meant to resolve. From your denials, I
6 > gather that you were still running in staff_r role. You need to transition
7 > to sysadm_r role first and then try to perform your administrative tasks.
8 >
9 > Wkr,
10 > Sven Vermeulen
11 Sven,
12
13 Thanks for the tip. I was running in staff_r when I got the denials. I
14 thought I read somewhere that staff was allowed to su, so never thought
15 the difference of when I entered the newrole to be that significant.
16 Anyway, I'll call newrole first but it still appears as though I need to
17 keep the calls to pam_selinux out of the su file as it fails when they
18 are in. Also pam_xauth doesn't appear as though it's able to play with
19 selinux, at least not inside the su file.
22 Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR
23 PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR
24 http://www.cci.org