From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Hardened Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-security@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] ANNOUNCE: New SELinux API
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:43:07
1 Announcing the new SELinux API
2
3 It took longer than anticipated, but the new API is ready. The packages
4 have not been put in portage, but I have updated the quick start guide
5 early so that users can look at the process beforehand. Chapter two has
6 the process for converting from the old API to the new API.
7
8 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-quickstart.xml#doc_chap2
9
10 GRUB users, please take note, there is a bug in GRUB that may cause your
11 system to not boot. Look at the quick start, and if you have questions,
12 let me know.
13
14 Barring any unforeseen problems, we plan on committing the
15 SELinux-patched programs next Tuesday night (GMT-6), and will email the
16 list when it is complete. Note, you can get a head start by merging
17 linux-headers 2.4.21, and recompiling glibc.
18
19 The install guide is not ready yet. However, for the first time, we
20 will be making a LiveCD and a set of stages.
21
22 The old API will no longer be maintained; selinux-small and the other
23 accompanying patches, policy, and kernels will be removed when the new
24 API is available.
27 Chris PeBenito
28 <pebenito@g.o>
29 Developer, SELinux
30 Hardened Gentoo Linux
31
32 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
33 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243