From: "Dariem Pérez Herrera" <dariemp@×××.cu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Virtualbox-OSE PIE/PIC support
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:57:06
1 El 27/01/10 05:53, pageexec@××××××××.hu escribió:
2 > while i haven't looked at the non-PIC in vbox, i can tell you that it's
3 > only the tip of the iceberg, there're much more difficult problems there.
4 > in particular, the kernel drivers are not compatible with PaX currently
5 > and fixing them is anything but trivial (see http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/941
6 > and their in-house ring-0 module loader code among others).
9 Thanks for your reply. I haven't looked for PaX issues yet (I suppose
10 it'd be at runtime), I'd like to achieve firstly a successful
11 compilation using PIC. I've played a little with the inline asm code and
12 I think it can be done. Did you tested those PaX issues using a provided
13 binary or you compiled from source code? Can you tell if the binary you
14 tested had PIC enabled?
15
16 regards,
17