From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Grsecurity slows down a web server?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:14:14
1 > [snip]
2 >
3 >> menuconfig isn't letting me disable PAGEEXEC. Maybe it's tied to
4 >> grsecurity "Gentoo (server)"? I don't want to disable that. Maybe I
5 >> should live with the slowdown?
8 > No you should not.
9 >
10 > After selecting server and saving it. You want to then select "Custom"
11 > that will leave all the options enabled from "server". You then scroll
12 > over to the PaX menu and de-select PAGE and select SEGM.
13 >
14 > Easy as pie. Good luck.
15
16 Alright, thank you. PAGEEXEC and SEGMEXEC are both selected via
17 Gentoo (server) so I disabled PAGEEXEC. Should I submit a bug too?
18
19 - Grant