From: basile <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: tinhat@××××××××××××××.edu, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, hardened-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Release of Tin Hat 20091003
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 10:42:34
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I'd like to announce that a new release of Tin Hat is out. Tin Hat is a fully featured Linux desktop based on Hardened Gentoo which runs purely in RAM. It aims to be very secure, stable, and fast.
4
5 This release switches the toolchain to Gentoo's hardened-dev overlay which includes all of the hardening features of our previous release implemented at the compiler specs level rather than in the make.conf file and other manual hacks. The current toolchain is comprised of binutils-2.18-r3, glibc-2.9_p20081201-r4, and gcc-4.4.1-r2. No changes were made to the kernel which is held at 2.6.28-hardened-r9. Approximately 125 packages were updated to sync upstream with Gentoo. Important updates include bash, coreutils, python, readline, gtk+, epiphany and firefox.
6
7 Thanks to the hardened-dev team for their work :)
8
9 Home page: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
10 Downloads: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat-downloads
14 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.