From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] systemd transition stalled
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 23:56:01
1 It turns out systemd is not compatible with CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC. It has
2 been reported as freedesktop bug #65575. Of course if there would be a
3 specific group under which systemd performs its proc related activities,
4 that could be configured as the exception GID, but I can hardly imagine
5 that it is the case. Gentoo systemd wiki doesn't mention this point,
6 otherwise important for hardened users. Systemd dev stands his ground and
7 puts the period: nothing can be expected until grsecurity hits mainline.
8 That will obviously not happen. I understand the dev having no intentions
9 to support out-of-mainline features. Altering proc access significantly.
10
11 Any of you have a workaround for systemd with grsec without completely
12 loosing proc restrictions?
13
14 I'm trying real hard to be a shepherd. But this time I feel the urge -
15 again - to purge the remnants of the once so shiny GNOME from my systems.
16
17 Any thoughts on this? Or rather a grsec proc config workaround?
18
19 Thx:
20 Dw.
21 --
22 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
23 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057