From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux Gentoo/Hardened amd64 VM
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 15:03:02
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I'm working on having SELinux-enabled, Gentoo Hardened VMs available for
4 people to test things with. If succesfull, I'd also like to see if I can
5 create some sort of DIY-course on SELinux based on these images (i.e.
6 documentation based on these VMs with educational questions and tasks for
7 people to get acquainted with SELinux and Gentoo Hardened).
8
9 But first things first. I've uploaded a first version of such a VM to
10 dev.gentoo.org. For the developers here on the mailinglist, could some of
11 you please see if the VM works on your (amd64) system(s)? I always start my
12 VMs with "-cpu kvm64" so I hope they work on all systems where Qemu supports
13 the kvm64 CPU type, but still, some confirmation would never hurt.
14
15 Also, the kernel uses paravirtualization to speed things up and I don't know
16 how it'll react on other systems.
17
18 So, for those willing to help, please fetch a copy from
19 /space/experimental-local/amd64/qemu-selinux and give my your feedback. I'll
20 wait for a few (hopefully) succesful runs before I ask infrastructure to
21 synchronize it with the mirrors to allow users to test it out as well.
22
23 The compressed image is about 157Mbyte and expands to about 1.4 Gbyte
24 (qcow2 format).
25
26 Wkr,
27 Sven Vermeulen