From: Jan Klod <janklodvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] to chroot or not to chroot
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:19:22
1 On Wednesday 10 June 2009 14:24:44 RB wrote:
2 > If you choose to pursue this route, I highly suggest
3 > at least looking at the grsecurity RBAC that is built into (and
4 > supported in) the hardened-sources kernel.
5 Well, I have such a kernel right now and quite likely, there is no need to
6 rebuild it. I only lack some good information about how to set that Apache
7 chroot up properly. Honestly I now tend to assume, my server is and will be
8 only a mortal one, so I even consider just running it plainly. But if thats
9 not an overkill, I'd like to jail Apache! Maybe you have some link...?
10
11 Chris, maybe I don't really need v-server? And yes, virtualisation is too
12 heavy.
13
14 Jan