From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy for nginx, or include in apache?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 00:42:06
1 On 06/15/2011 01:45 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > So... ideas? Do we want to "keep it simple" and update the apache policy to
4 > support nginx? Or do we want to stay "least privilege" and have dedicated
5 > rules for applications?
8 I'm only slowly coming around to policy development, but from my selinux
9 days, I remember continuously tweaking towards least privilege. We
10 could start with a clone of the apache policies and start tweaking
11 those. Possibly submit upstream as long as we conform to their
12 development guidelines.
13
14 I have some concern that lumping apache and nginx together may cause
15 tension between the needs of both packages. But seeing as I never used
16 nginx, my concern may be unfounded.
17
18 Also, we don't have policies exclusively for lighttpd. Do you know how
19 that fits in?
22 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
23 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
24 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
25 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
26 GnuPG ID : D0455535