From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Setting filesystem labels for SELinux fails
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 10:37:20
1 On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:36:53AM +0100, Tom Petri wrote:
2 > Yes, extended attributes along with security labels are activated.
3 >
4 > # attr -s test -V test /var && attr -r test /var
5 > Attribute "test" set to a 4 byte value for /var: test
6 >
7 > I should probably tell how I proceeded during the installation:
8 > 1. created the filesystems (as usual)
9 > 2. got a hardened stage3 tarball and portage
10 > 3. portage sync, re-emerge portage, created a hardened-sources kernel,
11 > booted up.
12 > 4. emerge policys (checkpolicy, policycoreutils, selinux-base-policy [-selinux])
13 > 5. emerge -uDN world
14 > 6. reboot and tried rlpkg -a -r
15
16 Did the setfiles commands (mentioned in the installation instructions before
17 the "rlpkg -a -r") succeed, or did they give the same error?
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen