From: Darknight <darknight7@×××××××.it>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Switching to hardened
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 08:30:32
1 On Thursday 05 October 2006 19:09, Alexander Gabert wrote:
2 > One of my personal goals is that people like you should have fun and
3 > enjoy tackling the task of making their system more secure while having
4 > full understanding and knowledge why they are doing it and what they are
5 > doing there.
6 >
7 > Because then, the "how" they are doing it becomes clear to them too.
8 >
9 > Thanks again and hope i could help you a bit,
10
11 Thanks for the long reply :)
12 Being the kind of tweakmonkey that reads at least 10 manpages before
13 attempting a stupid oneliner I really appreciate your approach and help
14 offer.
15 After all that's why we run gentoo, no?
16
17 The only problem for me are time constraints: I built a couple of systems with
18 hardened profile with no problem but then as I started working on the kernel
19 time suddenly finished. I will follow your advice as soon as I can :)
20 My questions about switching are due to the same problem: I can't go through a
21 rebuild of the server atm and I'd really like to at least enable ssp which is
22 far better than nothing :)
23 See you in irc asap (may actually take a while :P).
26 "Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will
27 always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those
28 who will listen, the annunciation of truth."
29 V for Vendetta
30 --
31 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list