From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, Barry Dunn <lists@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] cpufreqd-1.1.1 segmentation fault with hardened
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:45:54
1 > Ok, I've reemerged glibc with debugging and tried again, cheers (maybe a
2 > new doc is called for, Debugging for the Clueless ;)
3
4 hmm, still no love from gdb/debug symbols, i wonder whether we have
5 a problem with gdb now (i don't get debug info either here with
6 gdb 6.1.1 and a PIE cpufreqd, however it works with a normal executable).
7
8 anyway, i think the segfault most likely occurs in libdl.so, but
9 i have no idea what exactly is wrong. i suggest that for now you
10 (and gentoo) not compile this package as PIE.
14 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list