From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Compile problems - possibly gcc issue?
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:56:15
1 Mansour Moufid wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm not familiar with this thread, but it seems that, for whatever reason,
4 > awk and sed are returning more than one line, i.e. $ echo ${LIBC_VERSION}
5 > would give "libc.so.0\nld-uClibc.so.0" (where \n is an actual newline).
6 > If this is the case, perhaps the following would give the expected result:
7 >
8 > LIBC_VERSION=$(
9 > $READELF -d libctest | \
10 > $EGREP NEEDED.*libc\\.so | \
11 > $AWK '{print $NF}' | sed -e 's:\[::' -e 's:\]::' | \
12 > $HEAD -1
13 > )
14 >
15 > - --
16 > Mansour Moufid
19 Thanks for the reply
22 I posted a bug and also the same question to the embedded list since it
23 seems like a uclibc issue
24
25 I had the same first thought as you, but the ordering should not be
26 arbitrary. One line says "ld-something" and the other looks more like
27 the libc library. So I used "grep -v" to exclude the ld- lib. This
28 seems order invariant and unlikely to break anything already out there
29 (unless there are systems which don't have grep -v ??)
30
31 Still not sure if my system should be showing this extra lib or it's a
32 sign of some subtle breakage elsewhere, but the patch seems sane anyway
33
34 Cheers
35
36 Ed W